Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
The Fine Print
This page includes important information about our residential and commercial trash collection terms and conditions. Questions? Please ask! We’re available during office hours at 850-537-3282 or use our Contact Us Form.
- The initial delivery/collection fee of $25 is to help us offset the cost of purchasing, shipping, and delivering your trash cart and the cost of collecting that cart when your customer relationship ends (though we hope that doesn’t happen any time soon!). This is a non-refundable fee.
- The $25 cart deposit is fully refundable at the end of your customer relationship if we receive our cart back and your account is in good standing. This fee does not represent the full price of your trash cart and should not be considered a purchase option for your cart. Carts remain the property of Adams Sanitation and are expected to be returned when your customer relationship ends. Service may also be canceled prior to the end of the current service term if our service has failed to meet your expectations AND you have given us notice of our failure and an opportunity to make the issue right. But because we pride ourselves on our customer service, we aren’t too worried about that!
- We provide billing statements through email only to reduce the use of resources and to help us keep our prices as low as possible. If email billing is not an option for you, we can still set you up for automatic payments, but we will not be able to provide you with a monthly hard-copy statement.
- Recurring credit card or ACH payment is required. We do not charge you extra for this service and we absorb all processing fees. Again, automatic payment allows us to keep prices low and focus on great service instead of manually keying payments.
- All service contracts are 1-year in duration. This term of service will automatically renew annually unless you give us notice prior to the renewal date that you do not wish to renew service. Service may be canceled without charge prior to the end of your service term if you are moving.
- We will do everything we can to keep your price low and the value high, however, we will have to adjust pricing from time to time to keep up with increasing fuel and labor costs and the County’s annual increase in disposal rates. We will notify you of any pending increases in cost in advance and provide you the option to end your service early should you choose to do so.
- Please have your carts out by the street for pickup by 6 AM on your pickup days.
- When you put your cart out for pick up, please help us prevent damage to your property, carts, and vehicles by placing your cart in a place that is prominent and easily accessible for our crews. Please take your carts to the public right-of-way. Our crews will not enter private property to retrieve carts.
- Trash should not exceed more than 6 inches over the top of the container and the lid must be able to close.
- Additional trash can be bagged and set to the side of the cart for pickup. Trash must be bagged if it is set to the side. Unbagged trash will not be picked up!
- Lids should not be tied down and able to open freely. Bear latches must be unlatched for pickup.
- Bear latches cost an additional $2 per month and are replaced for free when broken!
- Place trash carts with the wheels and handles toward the street. Trash carts should be placed within 3 feet of the street.
- Do not place hot ashes or coals into the cart.
- All household-generated sharps: needles, lancets, and single razor blades must be taken by the customer to a hazardous waste disposal facility. We will pick up these items if they are placed in a sealed container. This policy is for the safety and health of our employees.
- Do not place hazardous waste such as motor oil, paint, tires, or car batteries in your trash cart. Take these items to a hazardous waste disposal facility.
- Do not put medications in the trash.
- Do not put construction or demolition waste into your trash. This includes dirt and bricks.
- Do not dispose of waste containing uncontained liquids.
- All dumpster sites must be approved prior to the setting of the container.
- No large appliances or furniture.
- No dirt or concrete.
- No construction debris.
- Do not place hot ashes or coals into the container.
- Do not place hazardous waste such as paint, chemicals, and pesticides in your container.
- Do not dispose of waste containing free liquids
- No Freon units such as air conditioners, or refrigerators, propane tanks.
- No Tires. Tires found will be billed at $35.00 per tire.
- The container must be placed on a solid surface.
- Containers must be accessible on pickup day, or a return trip charge will be added.
- You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from any and all damages, costs, attorney’s fees, and /or liability of any kind resulting from the use of the container. You assume liability for damages to public or private property, hard service roads, or driveways that might occur during the loading or unloading of the container. You agree to pay us for any damage to said container due to fire, theft, or careless destruction beyond normal use.
General Notes for All Customers
Adams Sanitation will not pick up on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. In a holiday week following a holiday, Adams Sanitation will run a sliding schedule to ensure all customers get two pickups on a holiday week. Notices of pickup days will be sent out in advance.
If your trash is not picked up on your regular collection day, and the container was placed out by 6 am, notify us by phone at (850)-537-3282 or use our Contact Us Form by 4:00 pm the next business day. Leave your cart out as our trucks will occasionally run late because of weather or vehicle issues.
All accounts will be paid through auto-pay on the 1st of each month with the payment method on file unless otherwise notified. A late fee of $4.50 will be applied to unpaid accounts on the 5th of the month. suspension of service will take place if payment is not made by the 10th of the month