Okaloosa Residential Service
Okaloosa County Residential Service
One Price, Full Service:
We collect all residential household garbage and there is no need to bag your garbage. You put it in the can and we’ll make it disappear, twice a week and for only $28.25 a month! No “fuel surcharges” and no hidden fees.
Adams provides customers with 95 gallon cans for trash and recycling*. (*For customers who choose optional recycling)
65 gallon cans are available for senior citizens.
• We will also collect bulk items placed by the can that are small and light enough (50lbs or less) for our drivers to load without injuring the driver or the truck!
• Have yard waste? No worries! Place leaves in your 95-gallon trash can or bag them and place them by the can and we’ll make them disappear. We will take away limbs no larger than 6 inches in diameter and 4 feet long. Bundles of limbs set in or by the trash can should be no more than 3 feet in total diameter.
• Want to recycle? We offer an optional every other week recycling program. Visit our Recycling tab to learn more and to sign up. Or, stop by our 24/7 recycling drop-off station at our Baker office. Drop your recycling items in our recycling containers anytime, day or night, for free. All recycling items collected in Okaloosa County are taken to the Emerald Coast Utility Authority in Pensacola. For a complete list of what is acceptable and what is not, visit their website at https://ecua.fl.gov/live-green/recycling
• We are also a drop-off location (during business hours only) for battery and cell phone recycling. Rechargeable batteries accepted include lithium-ion, nickel-cadmium, nickel-metal hydride, and small sealed lead-acid. We can also accept small single-use batteries such as AA, AAA, 9V, C, D, and button cell batteries. Small hand-held electronics with integrated rechargeable batteries, such as cell-phones, may also be dropped off. Limit 2 lbs. per customer per month.
• Planning on some major cleaning? No worries! Just call the office to request a bulk pick-up. See our Bulk Policy here. Beginning February 2020, each account includes one free bulk pick-up per month (250lbs or less in total). Bulk pick-up day is Wednesday. Requests for bulk pick-up must be submitted by Tuesday at 4 PM via our Contact Us Form and bulk items must be out by the road by 6 AM on Wednesday. This includes old appliances. Loose items should be bagged.
Depending on the route, your bulk Wednesday is either the first, second, third, or fourth Wednesday of the month. Not sure about your route bulk pick-up day? Just email, call, or send us a Facebook message.
For additional bulk pick-ups or if you have more than 250 lbs., please call the office for discounted rates on our roll off dumpsters.
• We are now offering FREE notary service to our valued customers. Visit our office during business hours and we will be glad to help you with your document(s).
• We are not permitted to pick-up Hazardous Waste as defined by Okaloosa County, which includes needles and other red-bagged medical waste. Arrangements can be made for the disposal of hazardous waste by contacting Okaloosa County at 850-609-6168. More information is available on the County’s website at http://www.co.okaloosa.fl.us/pw/environmental/hazardous-waste
• Do you consistently have more trash than one trashcan can hold? You can request a second can for $10 per month. Just fill out our Contact Us Form and select “request second can” as the subject.
• Do you have a persistent bear buddy in your neighborhood? We can outfit your cart with two bear-locks that help deter hungry bears from messing with your trash. This is a one-time charge of $20. If we have to replace the lock(s), you are not charged again.
On-line! Just follow the pay bill link and be sure to have your 12 digit customer ID from the front of your monthly bill. While you are there sign-up for monthly autopay from your checking account and e-mail billing. Both are free! You can also mail your bill or pay in person, Monday- Friday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm (closed for lunch noon – 1 PM) at 5750 Hwy 4, Baker, FL (across from the Gator Cafe). And if our office is closed, you can use our mail box located at the circle drive next to our sign.
Visit our Pay My Bill page for more information.
Bills are mailed mid-month and are due the 1st. Beginning in February 2020, accounts not paid by the 8th will receive a courtesy phone call to remind customers about payment. Accounts not paid by the 10th will be assessed a $3 late fee. For accounts remaining unpaid after the 15th, trash cans will be tagged notifying the customer of a suspension of service. If the account is still unpaid at the end of the month, the trash can will be collected. There will be a $10 re-delivery fee to return the trash can and re-start service when the account is brought current.
Adams Sanitation is a family company and we understand that in life there are seasons and some of those seasons make less trash than others. If you are a senior household (2 people or less and 65 or older) you qualify for our senior discount! Contact us today to sign-up and get a $4.00 per month discount on your bill. We will also deliver a smaller, more manageable 65 gallon trash can. The smaller can still holds plenty of trash but is a bit easier to handle than our 95-gallon cans.
Adams Sanitation observes the following holidays:
• New Year’s Day
• Memorial Day
• Independence Day
• Labor Day
• Thanksgiving Day
• Christmas Day
Customers will receive a phone call and email a week in advance of these holidays to provide updates on the adjusted pick-up days. We will be adopting a sliding schedule the week of a holiday so that no customer goes without two trash pick-ups in a week. No more trash piling up…it’s easier on our drivers, too!
We appreciate your understanding!
Our Service Area
Adams provides residential trash and recycling to the residents of the un-franchised and unincorporated areas of North Okaloosa County Florida including:
Baker • Blackman • Campton • Deerland • Dorcas • Escambia Farms • Holt • Milligan • Poverty Creek • Svea • Laurel Hill • And Surrounding Areas
We are now providing residential and commercial services to residents of Santa Rosa County, Florida including the communities of:
Allentown • Avalon • Bagdad • Berrydale • Cobbtown • East Milton • Fidelis • Harold • Jay • Milton • Mount Carmel • Munson • Pace • Point Baker • Roeville